Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Adaline Mabel's room



I wanted to capture Addie's room before I packed things up. I really try to decorate it in a way that is fun, happy, and girly.

  • The shelf I got at a yard sale while I was pregnant with her. I painted it pink with white polka-dots. I love how it turned out.
  • The lamps Joe and I got from a nurse I worked with. I painted them for Addie to make them look like tulips. I was going to do more detail, but she would knock them down, and scrape them against the wall.....so I ended up taking them down, along with a bookshelf. She is always climbing and getting into mischief.
  • I made the "A" from buttons when she was born. 

  • The floral arrangment is a hanging vase I had for years. I finally put them together in Kaysville. I love how it looks.
  • The garden angel I made in Twin Falls and decided it would work perfect in her room.



  • Floral mobile I had meant to make since she was born, but never could figure out how to do it. Finally it came together in Kaysville, and again I love how it turned out. I tied various parts of flowers on fishing twine onto a wire wreath, and then had sparkly white toole to hang it from the ceiling. I found some clip butterflies to attach.
  • The bunny and two dolls were made by my mom for me when I was little. They were some of my favorites. The tall doll has an embroidered face. She spent so much time making us cute things. I hope Addie enjoys them and shares them with her daughters.



  • The pink dress doll in the corner was made by my mom for me too. She is so talented!



  • The picture is of garden with bunnies given to Addie from my mom. 
  • The owl, pink and blue birds are toll painted by my mom for Addie, I always wanted a garden setting and a tree above Addie's crib. I tape the birds around it. I love how it looks.
  • The quilt was given to Addie from my mom. It is a pieced quilt of a Teddy Bear she found. She is putting together a pink quilt of a pioneer girl that she pieced when I was a little girl but never finished. We are excited to put it in Addie's room with it gets finished.



  • A collage of pictures of Addie. 
  • A frame I used to make a hair clip organizer. Unfortunately we haven't used very many of them. But Addie is starting to enjoy having her hair done, and sometimes leaves a bow in her hair. So I am excited about using these that I made for her.



Anyways, I just enjoy making things for my kids that I hope they will enjoy. As you can tell, I have many keepsakes from my childhood that I have shared with Addie. I love to have things made by my mom and grandmothers, and so maybe they will become heirlooms someday.

0 comments: