Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Joseph Evert's Room

I have always loved nautical things, and loved putting together Jojo's room. Many things I have collected from years ago. I hope that it is fun and adventurous for a little boy.

  • Fishing net and shells I have had for years. But I think it's perfect.
  • The "J" I made when I was pregnant with him. The "J" is rope, and then it has an anchor in the corner.


  • Mobile has netting garland gathered up to hopefully portray waves, tied to a metal wire. it has fish, crabs, whales, a boat and an anchor hanging from it. I think it turned out really cute!!
  • Stuffed animals I had bought just after my mission. I always thought it would be fun to have them in a boys room. They are from SeaWorld and when you squeeze them, facts and noises come from them.
  • The wax pelican/anchor stand Joe bought for Jojo. He was really excited and we both fell in love with it at the store before he was born.



  • I made the mast I stained 1x2 pieces of wood, attached a light blue old fitted sheet, tied some rope along the ends, cut up a fishing net to hang down the middle. I love how it turned out! 
  • Pelican I bought at a antique show. 
  • The quilt was quilted by my mom. It is sailor teddy bears, so cute!! I remembered this fabric from before I was even married and was so excited to ask my mom to make it. She did peekos for the edging, so much love and time spent in making this quilt.



  • I also bought two fish at the antique store that I ended up painting, which I think turned out great! I blended the blue and green to try to make them look real. I wish I would have gotten a close up.



  • The shelf I bought at a thrift store and stained. Some of the knooks and knacks I have accumulated throughout the years.



  • A picture collage of JoJo.
NOTE: that I actually had to take away a book shelf, and this end table out of his room because Addie and Jojo kept trying to climb things. Seriously, if it weren't for kids ruining things, their rooms would be so cute!! LOL, but sadly they both end up having minimal furniture due to safety concerns.



I was trying to show the pelicans a little bit better, so much fun


0 comments: