Sunday, January 26, 2020

Day 2: Cozumel, MX

 This was the second time we went to Cozumel, Yucatan MX. Last time we went to Tulum and rode a ferry to the main land. This time Joe and I signed up for a snorkeling excursion on Cozumel. Unfortunately, we were an hour delayed and were unable to wear sunscreen due to laws there. We had NO idea about anything like that....and we were dressed ready to swim, so needless to say...we got burnt! But the fish were beautiful, the water was wonderful and we still had fun! We saw some puffer fish and groupers.I'll be honest, it wasn't my favorite excursion. It said "beach", and literally it was a piece of sand, with no where to sit except on the sand....food was not very good, and they seemed very unorganized. But all in all, we were on a cruise, swimming in the ocean, and so we were pretty happy. 

I got so burnt that Joe spoiled me to a spa treatment where they put ointment on my body, massaged where it didn't hurt to much, and the ointment actually made a tremendous difference. I had the same masseuse, and she was wonderful!! And Carnival gave us a free excursion for our next trip. So although I was so sore and had a hard time sleeping, it helped make a difference. 

0 comments: