We went in for Addie's 6 week checkup. I was a little worried about it because Joe would be in clinicals, so it was just me. We had been sick for a couple of weeks, and Addie had a rough couple of days with not very much sleep. However, when I laid her on the table, she just shined! This little girl loves people. She loves the attention and just blossoms when she is in public. And everyone just fawns over her because she is so easy going. LOL, kind of frustrated me because I wanted to discuss her sleep patterns and fussiness. So much for proving my point ;0)
She also received her vaccinations, and she was a champ!! Seriously, she was calm during the whole thing and when they stuck her, she finally started to cry. But then I held her and gave her a bottle, and she calmed right down. I am grateful for that because I also had to have my 6 week check up. So the nurses were excited to watch her while I went in.
| This is one of our first captured smiles. She is so cute, she smiles with her whole face. |
These are her stats:
- Height: 22.5 in
- Weight: 12 lbs 2 oz
- Head Circumference:
Some mile stones that she has made:
- She is starting to smile. She is so cute with her open mouth smile. She loves to be on her changing table and talk with the "angels" surrounding her. She has many friends.
- She recognizes mommy and daddy's voices. When I walk in the room and start singing, she just smiles. I love it, completely melts my heart.
- She enjoys her baths. Her umbilical cord fell of at exactly 2 weeks. Since then we have been able to get in the tub with her. We love this because it enables her to be more covered in water and we can play a little bit more. She likes to stretch out and kick her legs.
- She is able to lie on her tummy and hold her head up 45 degrees. She was born with so much neck strength. She is such a strong little girl, although she really hates tummy time.
- She is a BIG eater. She eats 4-6 oz and has even eaten 8 oz before bedtime. She would nurse for 75 mins (50 mins of active nursing while the rest of the time was burping, changing her diaper, ect). It started to wear on me because she would want to nurse 1 hr later. So we started nursing and then would pump what was left and feed her from the bottle.
- She sleeps for 6-8 hrs at night. She has always been a BIG sleeper as well, which was so nice for mommy and daddy. There have been nights when she gets 9 hrs too. She is amazing. I feel like I gave birth to a 3 month old instead of a newborn. I just wish she would slow down ;0)
- She is wearing 3-6 month clothes now. She never wore newborn outfits, and immediately wore 0-3 months. It kind of makes me sad because there are so many clothes that we don't get to have fun with.
- She sleeps in her own room now. When I got sick, I had a nagging cough that would wake her up. So we decided it would be best to move her in her own room. It has been a nice change especially because she is a noisy sleeper. LOL, she is just like her daddy.
As always, I will add on pics later.
0 comments:
Post a Comment