We are so excited that things worked out for Kevin and Rachel's family to move to Idaho!! The moved Conference weekend, so we drove down to visit the next weekend. They were able to stop by Nauvoo, and a few of the other church sites. Considering the long drive, I think the kids had a fun time.
While we were visiting, mom had us pick some apples. The old, bad apples the kids played "smashing apples" (baseball with apples that splattered when they were hit). They LOVED the game, and were always trying to get someone to pitch to them. I even hit a few that Caleb pitched to me.
Here is a pic of all of us gathering the apples...
Joe was a trooper and got the apples down with this basket, while the rest of us caught them with this tarp...
Mom, enjoying the delicious apples she grew this year...
Kevin spent A LOT of time organizing the shop. It looks so great now, and I am sure Dad enjoys the extra space...
Rachel holding one of the MANY baskets of apples. The three of us ladies spent quite a few hours peeling and cutting up pears so they could be bottled up...
I can't wait til Thanksgiving and we get to have some of mom's homemade apple pie!! It's so DELICIOUS!! Eating other apple pie has forever been ruined for Joe and I. She does such a great job. I believe she uses my Grandma Hebdon's recipe. I will have to post it for memories.
0 comments:
Post a Comment