Monday, March 3, 2008

Regarding my previous goals...

Well, lets just say I am 3 for 6. Is that good? According to school, I would get a big fat "F"!! So therefore, I need to reevaluate. I am doing good with contacting my family. It has been fun. My fasting for something specific, also doing good. I have had a great experience with that. And I have continued with reading the "Infinite Atonement" which I have enjoyed. I also heard about one by Gerald N. Lund "Hearing the Voice of the Lord" that I think will also have to read. I am sure there are some amazing insights that I have never heard before or be reiterated!

Now, to the ones I have failed in. Exercise.....just not a main priority! And how sad is that? One way for me to feel good about myself, and get this old body a moving, and I fail.....so to set a priority. I will restate that this is a goal. I will wake up every morning a half an hour earlier than normal to do this....or do it right when I get home from work in the morning....I will! And I will enjoy it! And don't worry, I will keep you all posted ;0)
Reading a classic....I have read a book by Phyllis A. Whitney but that definately doesn't count as a classic. So any suggestions PLEASE!?! I am kind of thinking about Mark Twain. Believe it or not, I have never read any of his works! So sad! But I am still open for suggestions... And then, my vacation money. Well, it is still a goal, but I am afraid it is a long term one... SO SAD! I know. But lets just say maybe 3 years from now, I will start saving. Let's just say that there are some new goals that I have made, but don't want to post them yet...

There, I feel inspired again to press forward!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Good job on your goals! At least be setting them, you have accomplished more than you would have otherwise. I think you're doing great. Those books you mentioned sounds awesome. I am reading To Draw Closer to God by Henry B. Eyring and it's really good. It's a compilation of talks and articles by him, all with the intent to help us draw closer to God.

Exercising is a tough one. I failed horribly at that in the Fall when I was in school, but have been going to aerobics at my church building (they have it three mornings a week)and that has been really good. It's nice doing something like that where you see your friends and you know they will wonder where you are if you don't show up.